Monday 8 February 2016

Pixel Portrait

Wilson Joseph Pixel Portrait GIF

Wilson Joseph Pixel Portrait PNG
Format-Comparison


I don't notice a difference when enlarging and comparing the GIF and PNG image formats. The only difference that I learned about them is that PNG can carry many, many more combinations of colours than GIF, and therefore frequently has to encode the information into a slightly less compressed format.



Features

When making this image, I was trying to emphasize the curving of my hair. I did this by making boomerang type lines, where the lines are thicker in the middle and fade out on either end. I was trying to make myself look formal and proper, so I darkened or lightened lines that head in the same direction to make it seem orderly. Another addition to formality was my use of grayer colours, such as bronze, light-silver/beige, and dirty-blue. I recently learned that gray is a neutral colour, and thought that it would be a good fit for coming across as solemn.


Procedure

I made this through Photoshop CS5, as a 100x150 px image with RGB colour and 72 dpi. I first took a reference image, shrunk it, and put it on the bottom layer, then I put an adjustment layer over it to lower the opacity of the reference to be able to differentiate between the original and the new. Then I had another copy of the reference of to the side in order to copy the original colours. The rest was making new layers for different parts of the image, putting down main colours, and shading what needs to be shaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment