Wednesday 24 September 2014

Master Sword in AI

I first chose a sword because I realized my personality is sharp. I know I am not tough like a sword so that's where it falls through.


First I created an outline of the MASTER SWORD, then I filled it in with black.
Then I proceeded to make some white lines to represent light reflecting off of the sword.



The next color scheme I made was a grayscale with only gray.
Personally I think it looks dull...



The image afterwards adds the real colours that the master sword possesses, and added some text just to make it look a lot more logoish.
Personally I think it's the best of the bunch:



The very last image contains nine master swords, all with different colour schemes.
I tried to make the last three Bronze, Silver, and Gold.



With this assignment I learned to use the pen tool in Ai. What I find is that it's very well designed because if one messes a part up, it is very easy to try and try again.
I found that the fill tool really relied on the layers, because if there was a layer such as the handle shading, the shading would all be the same colour.
The caption tool was useful for having the effect of the font, because the writing looks rough and spray painted. This seemed like an appropriate font for an image of a sword.


I was happy with Adobe Illustrator overall, but I with they could have a very simple drawing and fill tool in specific. I actually think Ai does have that, but maybe it could be more user friendly in that area in specific. 

Well bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment